Do you need a new website for your doula business?
With over ten years of self-employment as a birth professional, I’ve found that websites seem to go in a 2-3 year cycle. I’m usually very happy with my website for a year or two, and then one day I wake up and want to change – NOW. It is pretty normal to find the desire emerge for a site “refresh” every 1 – 3 years. To help you stay current, I find it helpful to take a close look at your site content, flow, and Google rankings at least every 3 – 6 months.
Here are a few questions to help you consider if current your site is working for you:
1) How do you feel when you are on the site? Does it feel like the colors, vibe & content represent you and your practice?
2) When you do a Google search for your services, does your site come up in the local search results? First page? Top five?
3) How is the traffic on your site? What percentage of site visitors sign up for your services? Are clients finding you online, or mostly by referrals?
4) Do you get positive feedback about your site from impressed clients?
5) Are you able to make changes yourself? If you’re waiting for your ex-boyfriend’s sister’s partner to make simple changes for you as a favor, it might be time to look at a new option that will give you more control!
If your answer is yes to even just one of these questions, I strongly encourage you to invest some time and energy into considering possible adjustments to your website. Big improvements can be made in just a few hours of “tweaking”, or perhaps it is time to invest in a new site to help your practice grow in years to come.
There are many fantastic affordable options these days, even for those of you who consider yourselves to be tech-challenged. Feel free to schedule a free 20 minute consultation with me to talk through your needs and get a better sense of your options. Click here to read more about your options for Website Doula Care.